- 3 eggs
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 package Simple Mills Banana Muffin Mix
- 10 slices banana bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1–2 tsp coconut oil or butter, divided
- Cacao nibs
- Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 1lb loaf pan with oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and oil. Add the banana mix to the wet mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the banana bread batter to the loaf pan and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- Let the bread cool for a few minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and let cool on a baking rack to cool.
- Once the bread has cooled slice it in to 10 large pieces.
- Heat a skillet or griddle to medium-high heat and add a teaspoon of oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla and salt in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Drench both sides of the banana bread in the egg mixture and then place on the skillet and fry each side for 3-4 minutes or until browned and crispy.
- Repeat until all of the banana bread slices are gone.
- Top with bananas, cacao nibs, shredded coconut and maple syrup if desired.
- Serving Size: 4
Keywords: simple mills banana bread French toast, banana bread French toast, gluten-free French toast