Ginger Cardamom Syrup
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup organic sugar
- 6 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh ginger
Cocktail Ingredients Yields 1 Drink
- 1.5 ounces gin (I prefer Broker’s Gin)
- ½ sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth (I prefer Carpano Antica)
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ ounce ginger cardamom syrup
- 2 dashes angostura bitters
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the water, sugar, cardamom pods and ginger. Let the sugar dissolve and the mixture infuse for about 10 minutes. Let cool and then strain out the cardamom and ginger.
- Add the gin and rosemary to a cocktail shaker and use a muddler or back of a wooden spoon to muddle the rosemary in to the gin.
- Add the sweet vermouth, lemon juice, cardamom syrup, angostura bitters and ice. Shake until the outside of the shaker is cold and slightly frosted.
- Use a Hawthorne Strainer and strain the drink in to a glass. Garnish with a lemon peel and a sprig of rosemary.
- I have doubled this recipe in one cocktail shaker for two drinks and it worked great.
- Serving Size: 1