- 1 Acorn squash
- 2 tbls grass-fed butter or ghee
- 1 tbls chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tbls chopped garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 cups chopped kale, stems removed
- 2 Tbls pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425. Cut the Acorn squash in half in half from stem to tip. Scoop out the seeds and place the squash on a baking sheet. Roast them for about 30-35 minutes or until squash is soft.
- Place a skillet on medium heat and melt the butter or ghee. Add the garlic, rosemary and seasonings and let it cook for about two minutes. You do not want the mixture to boil. Add the chopped kale and let it sauté for 2-3 minutes or until the leaves have tenderized.
- Fill the squash with kale mixture, chopped pecans and serve.
- I often add chicken, ground sausage or bacon if I am eating it as a meal.
- Serving Size: 1