Coconut milk based popsicles with dark cherries and sweetened with maple syrup. Dipped in a delicious chocolate shell.
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 – 10oz bag of frozen dark cherries
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2–3 Tbsp cacao nibs
- Combine the coconut milk, cherries, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the cherry mixture in to the popsicle molds and freeze according to manufacture’s instructions.
- Once the popsicles have frozen start to prepare the chocolate shell. Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and combine the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup.
- Heat the mixture and stir occasionally until it is all combined and then take off the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Dip the popsicles in the chocolate shell and then quickly top with cacao nibs. Eat immediately or store in the freezer.
- Feel free to dip the popsicles in as much chocolate shell as desired.
- I added a little bit of maple to help the popsicles have a creamy texture. However, I think it is plenty sweet without it. You can easily leave it out if you don’t wish for any added sweeteners.
Keywords: chocolate cherry frozen popsicles, vegan cherry popsicles, cherry chocolate frozen popsicles