Coffee Chili Rub
- 3 Tbsp ground coffee, medium grind
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 Tbsp granulated garlic
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 tsp salt (I prefer pink Himalayan)
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1lb New York Strip
- 2–3 Tbsp Coffee Chili Rub
- Add all of the rub ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine. Store in an airtight container.
- Pull the steak out of the refrigerator and coat both sides with 2-3 teaspoons of coffee chili rub.
- Let sit at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to 450.
- Place on the grill and let cook 5-7 minutes a side or until it reaches your desired temperature.
- Let set for 3-5 minutes and then serve.
- The rub yields about 1/2 cup. Feel free to taste the mixture and adjust to your personal taste. You may want more or less coffee flavor.
Keywords: coffee rubbed New York strip, coffee rub, grilled steak with coffee, how to make coffee rub