Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies made with tahini, pecans and cacao nibs. No speciality flours required.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
Chocolate Tahini Fudge
- 4oz dark chocolate, melted
- 3 Tbsp Tahini
- Salt Flakes (optional garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the pecans, cacao nibs, chia seeds, baking soda and salt to a food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds or until everything is coarsely chopped. Add the maple and pulse until the dough starts to form in to a ball.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll in to a ball and place on the baking sheet. Use your thumb to make an imprint in the middle of the cookie. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes or until slightly browned around the edges and remove from the oven. You may need to use your thumb or the back of a spoon to make an imprint again after it rises in the oven.
- Melt the chocolate and mix it with the tahini.
- Scoop 1-2 teaspoons of the chocolate filling in to each cookie. Place in the refrigerator until chocolate has set completely. Top with sea salt flakes if desired.
Keywords: Thumbprint cookies, vegan thumbprint cookies, gluten-free thumbprints, thumbprints with chocolate, chocolate thumbprint recipe, chocolate thumbprint cookie with tahini