Decadent chocolate buckwheat cookies made with only one gluten-free flour. Rich, fudgy and delicious.
- 1/2 cup room temperature unsalted butter – 113g (see notes)
- 1 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar – 205g
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter – 140g
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder – 50g
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour – 75g
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the butter and sugar to a large bowl and mix with a hand or stand mixer until mixture is light and fluffy. Approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Add the almond butter and mix until just combined.
- Add the vanilla, egg, egg yolk and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Next add the baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and buckwheat flour and mix until everything is just incorporated.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts and mix.
- Use an ice cream scoop to place the cookie dough on to the baking sheet (about 2 Tbsp) and slightly flatten the top of the cookie. Space the cookies 2-3 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are slightly browned. Move to a cooling rack and repeat until the dough is gone.
- You can substitute palm shortening for the butter if you need a dairy-free option.
Keywords: gluten-free chocolate cookie, chocolate buckwheat cookie, buckwheat cookies, double chocolate chip, how to make buckwheat cookies