- 1.5lbs chicken breasts skin on and bone in
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1 cup parsnips, chopped
- ¾ tsp sea salt, divided
- ¾ tsp black pepper, divided
- Preheat oven to 425 and heat a medium skillet to medium high heat and add oil.
- Combine the broth, garlic, lemon zest, Dijon mustard, dill and 1/2 tsp salt and pepper. Thoroughly whisk ingredients together and set aside.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper and place in the hot pan skin side down and let sear for 3-4 minutes and then remove the chicken from the pan and onto a plate.
- Add the carrots and parsnips and let sauté for 1-2 minutes and then add the broth mixture and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken back to the pan skin side up and put in the oven and let bake for 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165.
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: chicken parsnip and carrots, chicken parsnip skillet, chicken parsnip and carrot skillet