- 2 heads of cauliflower, florets
- 2 poblano pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 3 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2.5–3 cups bone broth/stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup spinach
- ½ cup cilantro
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425 and cover a baking sheet or two with parchment paper.
- Cut the cauliflower in to florets and place on a baking sheet with the poblano peppers, oil, salt and pepper and toss. Roast for 15 minutes and then rotate the pan and use a spatula to stir the veggies. Roast for another 15 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- While the cauliflower is roasting heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat and sauté the onions and garlic for approximately 3-5 minutes. Add the salt and oregano half-way through cooking. Set aside.
- Combine all of the pesto ingredients in food processor or blender. Blend until mixture is thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- When the cauliflower is done roasting add it to a blender with the sautéed onions and garlic. Add 2.5 cups of bone broth or stock and blend until smooth. You may need to work in batches.
- Put the mixture back in the soup pot and let it simmer for another 10-15 minutes. If mixture is too thick add about ½-1 cup of bone broth or stock until you get the texture you are looking for.
- Serve with a scoop of cilantro pesto and enjoy!
- I did not add a ton of salt to this recipe because all stocks are different. Depending on what you use it may need to be salted a tad bit more.
Keywords: cauliflower soup with cilantro pesto, cauliflower soup with cilantro, cilantro cauliflower soup