Healthy Gluten-free Chocolate Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies made with NO flour. Crushed up pecans and cacao nibs make up the base for these chocolate cookies They are then filled with a lightly sweetened raspberry chia seed jam. The perfect treat for when you want something that isn’t overly sweet.
- 2 cups pecan halves
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1.5 cups frozen raspberry
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a small saucepan to medium heat and add the frozen raspberry, vanilla and chia seeds and cook (stirring frequently) until mixture resembles jam and slightly thickened. Approximately 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Add the pecans, cacao nibs, chia seeds, baking soda and salt to a food processor and pulse for 10-15 seconds or until everything is coarsely chopped. Add the maple and pulse until the dough starts to form into a ball. The thumbprint dough will be a little sticky.
- Scoop out a tablespoon of dough and roll into a ball and place on the baking sheet. Use your thumb to make an imprint in the middle of the cookie. If it starts to crack just use your fingers to pinch it back together. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Bake the thumbprint cookies for 5 minutes and remove from the oven. You may need to use your thumb to make an imprint again after it rises in the oven.
- Scoop about 1-2 teaspoons of raspberry filling in the middle of the cookie. Repeat until all cookies are filled.
- Bake for another 8-10 minutes and then remove from oven and let cool some before serving
- Cookies can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- You may have a little bit of raspberry filling left over. It is great on a piece of toast or even by the spoonful.
Keywords: cacao nib and raspberry, chocolate raspberry thumbprint cookies, raspberry thumbprint cookies with chocolate, raspberry thumbprint recipe, gluten-free chocolate raspberry thumbprint cookies