- 1 cup smashed banana – approximately 3 small bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup almond flour
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Mix the smashed banana, oil, eggs and vanilla together with a hand or stand mixer and beat until incorporated.
- Add the almond flour, flax, baking soda and salt and mix to combine.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix until just incorporated. Batter should be thick and the cookie should hold it shape when placed on the pan.
- Scoop about two tablespoons of batter with an ice cream scoop or spoon and place on to the pan.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes or until edges are browned. Repeat until the dough is gone.
- Mashed ripe bananas can often vary in texture and some can contain more liquid than others. You may need to add more almond flour if your batter is not thick enough.