- Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the almond butter and sugar in a bowl and mix with a hand or electric mixture until combined
- Add the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk and mix. Then add the ginger, turmeric, nutmeg, cinnamon baking soda and salt and mix.
- Next add the shredded coconut and pecans and mix thoroughly.
- Batter will be thick but not crumbly. If too crumbly beat it longer and release the oils from the almonds.
- Scoop a heaping tablespoon of dough and place on parchment paper. Slightly flatten the top of the cookie. Repeat until dough is gone.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let them cool on the baking sheet for a couple minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- The type of almond butter you use will change the texture of the cookie. I have used both raw and roasted almond butter and each one had a slightly different texture but both are good.
- I really prefer fresh turmeric in this recipe because the flavor is so much better. It can be hard to come by sometimes but most health foods carry it. If you happen to try turmeric powder, please let me know how it turns out.